Dear Cedar Creek Families,
Greetings! We hope you are having an amazing summer relaxing with family and friends! We are excited to hear about your summer adventures and are anticipating a great year of learning with all of our Super Cyclones! Please read on for some important back-to-school information. As always, if you have questions, please call our front office at 986-1260 and we would be happy to help! Thank you and we look forward to seeing everyone soon!
-Jenifer Opie, Principal and Melissa Hunter, Assistant Principal
- Teachers assignments will be made available via the PowerSchool Parent Portal on Friday, August 9th after 12:00 noon.
- Transportation questions? Please call 986-2400 or visit the LSR-7 Transportation website at https://lsr7.org/schools/transportation/
- Meet Your Teacher Night is Monday, August 12th from 4:00-6:00 PM. New Family Orientation begins at 3:30 in our library.
- CCE school supply list https://docs.lsr7.org/public/files/CCE_296EE759.pdf
- The first day of school is Wednesday, August 14th (NOT a late start) Students should arrive between 8:05 and 8:20 a.m. Schools hours are 8:20 a.m. to 3:20 p.m. Last year’s first day parking/traffic was a bit hectic, so please plan accordingly. We encorage carpooling if you plan to visit our campus on the first day.
- Chromebook Update – there are no fees for Chromebooks this year. If a student accidentally damages a Chromebook, it will be exchanged for another Chromebook with no fee for the first incident, any consecutive incidents will result in a fee. If a student loses a power supply, another will be provided at no cost for the first incident, any consecutive incidents will result in a fee.
From our PTA President Liz Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org
1) For incoming Kindergarten families – On August 11th from 6-7:30 on the CCE Playground. There will be a Polar Oasis Ice Cream truck!
2) Once again at Meet the Teacher night you will be able to sign up for committees that help run the PTA’s activities. This includes the Fall Picnic, Hospitality, Donuts with Dudes, Mother’s day Breakfast and The Cyclone Spring Fling. Please volunteer you time if you are able!!
3)Also, once again this year you will be able to order your yearbooks, CCE Tumblers, Spirit Wear, PTA Memberships and make a donation to our Fall Fundraiser all from you home computers. We will be sending information home that night on where to go to find the information!
4) Mark you calendars for our first event of the year – Fall Picnic. This will be held on Friday, October 4th. At this event there will be food, games and other activities to start the new year off!!
5) Once again this year we will be doing our Fundraising Campaign – One Check One Time. Last year we were able to raise over $6000.00 for the school, the staff and the students. The money that we raise will go toward school field trips, technology needs and other school projects.
6) Also, if you would like more info about being a member of the PTA board, please let Liz know!! We are looking for a President, VP, VP of Membership, Recording Secretary and Corresponding Secretary after this year!!
7) Lastly, please like us on Facebook – Cedar Creek Elementary PTA.